Mastering the Art of Balance through Yoga and Therapy – Trinergy Interview with David Bookbinder

, , Leave a comment


26年前在医院我差点丢掉性命
Twenty-six years ago, I was nearly killed in a hospital, 那时我在纽约奥尔巴尼大学攻读英语博士
when I was in graduate school in English in Albany, New York. 医生误诊以至于之后的许多年我都在康复
Doctor’s made medical errors that really messed me up in ways that took years to recover from, 我不知道做什么好 就又拾起了摄影的爱好
and I didn’t know what to do. I did start doing photography again. 这些其实不是画 而是我拍的一些花的照片
So these are not actually drawings, these are from photographs I took of flowers. 选取一部分 像万花筒那样围一圈 再加工
I take a little section of one and then fan it around like a kaleidoscope, and work on it from there. 对我来说 有点像是冥想 自我冥想
And for me, it was kind of meditation, a sort of personal meditation. 但我的一位艺术家朋友 有天跟我说
But, I had an artist friend, one day, she said, “You know, David, 你应该把它们挂到墙上 传电脑里 研究下
you should put these up around your walls, and put them onto your computer, look at them, 因为它们每张都在讲诉你自己
because I think each one of them is trying to tell you something about yourself.” 我照做了
So I did that. 真的每张都有我的影子 生病时丢掉的自己
It did feel like each picture had a little piece of myself that, in my injuries, I’d sort of lost track of. 做曼陀罗时感觉在自我修复 所以我做了很多
When I did the mandala, it felt like a little bit of me was restored. So I made quite a few of them. 比起其他摄影 人们更喜欢我的曼陀罗
People seemed like them better than my other photography. 我觉得我用的疗愈 训练技巧跟瑜伽相得益彰
I’ve found that the therapy, coaching, the kinds of techniques I use, go really well with yoga. 这两个结合起来比任何单独一个都好用
Between the two of them, they form a much stronger process than doing only one, or doing only the other. 生活失衡时 您建议
People find the imbalance in life, what is your suggestion 人们该如何找回自我
can help them to find the foot back on themselves 重新开始呢?
and start a new journey? 重新开始呢? 我写了一本书叫《平衡的艺术》
I wrote a book called The Art of Balance. 根据那些反复发生在客户身上的案例
It’s based on what I’ve see happen over and over again with clients. 他们学习去理解自己的问题及形成的原因
They learn to understand their problems, how they got there. 学习去寻求内在的力量 还有外援
They learnn to identify the resources inside themselves, but also outside of themselves. 首先会来找我 瑜伽也常被用于自我疗愈
I’m usually the first resources. Actually, yoga is a kind of resource they can do on their own. 如果疗愈分为六部分 一半在恢复状态
If you divide therapy into six parts, half of it is this part I think of as the “restorative” state. 他们会把这些新的内容带进生活
Then they start to incorporate those new things into their lives, 拾起那些丢掉的 感觉变好了
and things they’ve left behind come back into their lives, and they start to feel better. 一般当他们可以开始自我监督时
Usually, once they’ve gotten to the point of where they can keep track of it on their own, 也就差不多好了 可以回去 需要时再来
they’re sort of ready to go back, out of the therapy, into the world. They can always come back. 时机到了我会觉察到 当他们说我的某句话真管用
I usually know that they’ve ready because they tell me that something that I said led them to do something, 但我并没有说过
and it’s not even what I said. 只是他们以为是我说的 其实是他们自我疗愈
Just something they think of that’s their own little internal therapist, but they think that I said it. 这是目标 我不想一直留着客户 想让他们毕业
Yeah, I mean, that’s the goal, I don’t want to keep clients forever. I want them to graduate. 好比老师希望学生毕业 我也希望他们能好
Like, if I was a teacher, I’d want them to graduate from college. I want them to graduate from therapy. 他们走的时候 我会想念他们
I sort of miss them when they go. 身为艺术家 我有很多艺术家的客户
Because I am also an artist, I get a lot of creative clients, 但他们来并不是艺术方面遇到了问题
but they are not just coming because they have problems with their arts. 而可能是抑郁 焦躁 或经历某种创伤
They may be depressed, anxious, or may be have some kind of trauma, 婚姻支离破碎 或者经济状况堪忧
their marriage is falling apart, or they have problems with money. 最近 也有孩子来找我 真的 我最喜欢他们了
Until recently, I also worked with children. Really, they were my favorite clients, 我能帮他们改变今后的人生 才十来岁
because I could make a huge change for the rest of their lives. They are 10 years old. 艺术人士要如何挖掘内在的创新力呢?
But for creative people, if people want to discover the creativity inside of them, 有哪些技巧和工具可以用呢?
what’s the techniques, what’s the tools they can use? 《艺术家的方式》这本书讲到一套方法
There’s a book called, The Artist’s Way, which has a path that the author developed. 我用疗愈的提问技巧 称之为“奇迹问题”
I use a therapy technique involving a question called The Miracle Questions. 让你去想象所有的问题都解决了会怎样
It’s a way to envision if all the issues or problems you have are solved. 艺术人士或许曾经着迷做什么 后来扔掉了
So people who have been an artist, maybe used to do something, but then they lost track of it, 这样可以帮他们好好想想该怎么继续
it is a way for them to imagine where they’d like to go with it 如何克服中途出现的障碍
and how to overcome the obstacles in the way. 我建了个社群 现在我是成员 我们会用到这个
I created a group, where I’m now a member, and we used that question 明白我们的愿景是什么 从1到10 现在在哪儿
to see what our vision is, also on a scale of 1 to 10, where we are. 每个月做尝试 看哪些改变会让我们向10靠近
And then we do experiments every months, where we try something, to see if it moves us more towards 10. 我们中有些人从很低的数字 像2或3 最后达到10
Several of us have gone from a low number, like 2 or 3, to a 10, 到10了 就再选个奇迹去实现 从1再开始
And then when you hit 10, you have a new miracle, and you start 1 again. 我现在是4.5 这是第3个奇迹了 4年之内
So I’m 4.5 in my third miracle now in the four years. 能来这里就是目标的一部分
Being here is part of it. 还想问您能不能举个您自己的奇迹例子
Being here is part of it, I’m just about to say can you tell us one of the examples of your miracles. 16年来我都是面对面做客户咨询疗愈
Yeah, I have been, for 16 years, seeing clients one to one. 基本上一整天在室内 我很爱我的客户
I’m basically sitting in a room all day. I love my clients, and 真心感激他们给我机会去帮助他们
I’m really grateful for the opportunity to help them. 这是我最称心的时光了 但我还想再发展下
It’s been probably the most satisfying period of my life. But I’d like to reach out more. 我喜欢旅行 认识不同国度的人 像这儿
It’s fun for me to travel, and it’s interesting to meet new people from other countries, like here. 部分目标就是多一点这些 扩大圈子
Part of my miracle is to have more of that. Also, to reach out to people I can’t meet in person, 我在设计在线课程 去自学了如何制作
I’m making an online course. I’ve taught myself how to do that. 人们还常用愿景板剪下图片和文字
People are using the vision board, they cut out the pictures and words. 去想象未来的样子
To picture what happen in the future. 第一步不难 想象你理想的生活
I think the first step is not difficult, you kind of imagine what life you want to have. 但对一些人 怎么达到目标就难了
For some people, they feel like more challenging, maybe, how to really reach that goal 难以持之以恒
and be persistent with that. 我找到一些好用的方法 也帮到了我
There are several things I’ve found that help people, and that have helped me. 其中之一就是把任务细化为可操作的小任务
One of them is to break a task into smaller tasks that are doable. 当一个人有愿景时 通常都很高很远
Usually, when somebody has a vision, and it’s way over here somewhere, 而他们却在这儿 不知道该如何去做
and they’re over here, they don’t know how to go from here to there. 仿佛你在山脚下却希望能爬到山顶
It’s like they want to go from the bottom of the mountain to the top of the mountain, 看似不可能 很有压力 试了下 累了就下来了
and it seems impossible and overwhelming. Maybe they start, but they get tired and fall back. 相反 你决定尝试下从山脚下往上爬1/20
So, instead, you decide, what would it take to go from the bottom of the mountain to 1/20th of the way up, 先设个大本营 准备好继续时再走1/20
and set up a base camp there. Once you feel ready to go to the next step, go another 20th. 重复20遍的时候 就到山顶了
And in 20 times, you’ve on the top of the mountain. 可能会花费几个月或许几年 但没关系
Maybe that takes a few months, maybe it takes a few years, but it doesn’t matter. 最后总会到达山顶的
You still make it, in the end. 还有想想不管何时拦路虎只有一个
I also found that it is helpful to understand that at any given moment there’s only one thing in your way. 你可能罗列了15个 但某个点瓶颈只有一个
You might have a list of 15 things in your way, but at any particular moment — It’s called a bottleneck– 那一个拦路虎 如果你可以集中精力解决掉
there’s only one thing that’s stopping you. So if you focus mainly on that, and overcome it, 是 往后走 还会出现其他 但那也还是一个
then, yes, down the line, there will be another bottleneck, but it’s still only one bottleneck. 几次之后 再遇到瓶颈你就会想
And when you do that a few times, when you hit an obstacle, you say, 瓶颈到了 不过我已经解决掉前面五个了 这次也可以
“Oh here I am at the bottleneck again, but I just got through last five bottlenecks, so I’m sure I can get through this one.” 通常你会找到所需要的 你会问自己该如何再细化任务
And often you get the help you need. You ask yourself, “How can I make this small steps…” When people adapt that attitude, and feel like “I’m sort of experimenting here,
态度变了就会努力尝试 知道自己在朝着目标前进
but I know that I can get towards my goals, but I know that I can get towards my goals, 只不过想清楚如何做罢了 动力满满去行动
I just have to figure out how,” and they’re really motivated to get there. 所以把注意力从问题转到方法
So they shift the focus from what’s the problems to whats the ways? What’s the tools? Yeah. What’s the solution. And even sometimes what’s the opportunity.
对的 有哪些方案 甚至一些时候是机会 如果大家想了解更多可以去我的网站
If people who want to find out more what I do, they can go to davidbookbinder.com, 这是我的主网站 还有一个出版刊物的站点
that’s my main website. They can go to transformationspress.org 那儿有我撰写的两本书
That’s a little publishing outfit that I set up. It has two books that I’ve written. 一本是《平衡的艺术》另一本是《完整的途径》
One is called, “The Art of Balance”, and the other is called “Paths to Wholeness”. The first one [I wrote] also contains of 53 of my flower mandalas and some essays that go along with them.
这本书还包含了53个曼陀罗和一些随笔 之后还会在Udemy推出我的在线疗愈课程
At some point soon there’ll be a course based on my techniques on udemy.com. 可能要到秋季的时候了
I think, probably, by the end of fall that will happen.

 

Leave a Reply